Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken

Per Serving (1/4th of recipe, 1 stuffed chicken cutlet): 6 Points+
267 calories, 3.75g fat, 667mg sodium, 17g carbs, 5g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 39.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", pages 204 - 205


I have been checking out the weightwatchers.com community boards recently, and I have seen this recipe mentioned several times as a good Hungry Girl one to make.  I myself have eyeballed it before, so I figured it was time to finally make it.  Also, I figure any recipe where I get to smash chicken with a mallet is a good one in my book!

This recipe consists of thin chicken cutlets wrapped around a cheesy bean mixture, coated with taco sauce and a Fiber One/tortilla chip/taco seasoning coating.  I never seem to have good luck with stuffed chicken recipes, but I still gave this one a try.  I managed to get the chicken around the bean mixture with it only oozing slightly out the sides, and secured it with a toothpick.  I then coated it with taco sauce and rolled the chicken in the cereal/tortilla chip mixture.  It started to come apart slightly when I did this, but not so much where it was a disaster.  I was worried that when the chicken cooked, all of the beans would ooze out of the sides of the chicken and make a big mess on the cookie sheet, but it didn't at all.  I don't, however, know how Hungry Girl made her chicken look so good - mine looks nothing like her picture!



I cooked the chicken for a few minutes longer than the recipe stated, since I always seem to need extra time with my oven.  Big mistake.  The chicken ended up on the dry side, and was a little bit stringy and chewy as a result. :(  Oh, well.  As for the flavors, it all tasted pretty good.  If I hadn't overcooked it, this recipe would have been really good.  I've been in the mood for Mexican food recently, so this satisfied my craving in a way different from the usual burrito. 

No comments:

Post a Comment