Monday, May 30, 2011

Sausage, Egg 'n Cheese ChickGriddle

Per Serving (entire recipe): 5 Points+
205 calories, 6g fat, 774mg sodium, 18g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 17.5g protein 


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 58 - 59
or http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1313



Mmmm!  Another weekend with time to cook breakfast.  This recipe was pretty fun and really good to make.  I was up before both kids and my husband, so I treated myself to this yummy breakfast sandwich. 

One thing that is cool about this recipe is that it mixes sugar free maple syrup in with the pancake batter, which I never would have thought to do.  It made the pancakes have a sweet taste to them, and went well with the sausage, egg and cheese in the sandwich.  The pancake batter was super easy to make - just mix together melted butter, flour, baking powder and sugar free syrup.  The batter makes two perfect-sized pancakes for the sandwich.


I poured extra syrup over my sandwich because I have an enormous sweet tooth, but this would have been just as good without it.  You could even pick it up and eat it with your hands if you opted out of the extra syrup on top.  The cheese in the sandwich melted nicely, and I was really happy with the combination of flavors.  A very yummy breakfast!  I would definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment