Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hot Dog Stir-Fry

Per Serving (1/2 of recipe): 3 Points+
100 calories, 2g fat, 704mg sodium, 11g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 11.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 510



I was looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner when I found this recipe.  Hot dog stir-fry?  It sounded weird enough to be good, so I decided to give it a try.  All this recipe consists of is hot dogs, onion and mushrooms stir-fried together.  I used Ball Park fat-free turkey franks to make this, which I had never tried before.  I usually get the Hebrew National 97% fat free beef hot dogs, but the Ball Park ones are cheaper and you get two more hot dogs in the package.  They were actually really good!

I took Hungry Girl's advice in the cookbook to eat this on top of a salad.  I had a huge salad with cucumbers and tomatoes, along with the entire recipe of the hot dog stir-fry.  I figured at 3 Points+ per serving, I could afford two servings (actually, if you double all of the nutritional info and calculate the Points+ value, it is 5 Points+ for two servings).  I was stuffed after eating my enormous salad!  And it was really yummy with some low-fat ranch dressing.  It was nice to have the contrast between the cold salad with the hot stir-fry on top.  Next time I am looking for a quick and easy low-point meal, I might turn to this one.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is very perfect to me because I don't have enough budget to afford meat. I will make this budget recipe for my kids so that they can eat a lot. Thanks for sharing your idea!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete