Monday, May 16, 2011

Sweet Apple & Chicken Stir-Fry

Per Serving (1/2 of recipe, about 2 cups): 7 Points+
285 calories, 2.25g fat, 406mg sodium, 24.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 15.5g sugars, 40.5g protein


The recipe: "300 under 300", page 329


Although not the most attractive dish I have made from Hungry Girl (it's just not the most colorful dish I've ever made), this one tasted pretty good.  Once you get done cutting up the chicken, onions, and apples, it is very quick and easy to cook this up.  The flavors go well together, and both my husband enjoyed it.  It has the perfect blend of savory and sweet, which complemented each other nicely.  The portion size was nice and big, also - 2 whole cups!

I did feel like there was something missing, though.  I thought this would be good on a big salad, so I made one for my lunch the next day.  It was even better on a salad!  I put a bunch of spring-mix lettuce, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, and cucumbers in a large bowl, added the heated up chicken stir-fry on top along with some low-fat ranch dressing, and it was one of the best lunches I've had in a while.  If you are to make this, I would suggest having it on top of a big salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment