Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Banana Cream Pie

Per Serving (1/8 of pie): 5 Points+
218 calories, 7.4g fat, 31.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 2.2g protein

The recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/10/banana-cream-pie.html



So, I know I only review Hungry Girl recipes, but I have to take a brief time out to review this ridiculously good banana cream pie from Gina's Skinny Taste.  This recipe is so good!  I highly suggest you make it! 

My husband, who insisted he does not like banana cream pie, also fell in love with this pie when he tried a slice.  My 2-year-old can devour a small slice in no time, and he usually doesn't eat that much dessert.  I found this recipe when I was looking for a creative way to use up bananas besides making banana bread.  This sounded pretty good, so the next time I went to the store I made sure to get the necessary ingredients. 

This pie was so good that I used up 10 points eating two slices that first night.  I had to freeze the rest of the pie so I wouldn't eat it all at once.  The pie is also good frozen, though, so it didn't really help me stay away from it.  If you make this pie, make sure you have the willpower to only eat one slice! 



The best part is that it is VERY easy to make.  Just put banana slices in a lowfat graham cracker crust.  Then, add the cool whip mixture on top (which only takes a minute to make).  Chill for a few hours and the pie is ready to eat.  Yum!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! And that you were willing to take a risk and post something other than your usual Hungry Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! And I am about to make yet another one of these tonight. Yum!

    ReplyDelete